An air fryer is very popular because of its health benefits and versatility. You can fry, grill, roast, and bake with hot circulating air. Please read the pros and cons of the air fryer before making your final decision to buy it. We have gathered all the relevant information from across the web and given below to save your time.
Pros of Air Fryer / Advantages of Air Fryer:
1. Healthier meals: To cook in the air fryer, you need only a little bit of oil. As it uses 70-80% less cooking oil, it helps you to cut a large portion of fat from your food.
2. Air fryer cooks quicker compared to the convection oven or stovetop.
3. It does not make your home smelly with fried food.
4. It is a small countertop appliance that takes less space.
5. Safe and easy to use. Some times deep frying can cause an accident due to hot oil.
Cons of Air Fryer / Disadvantages of Air Fryer:
1. Wet batter or bread crumbs will blow away due to high airflow by Air fryer’s fan. In this case, oil deep fryer is better.
2. Food taste is not that good compared to oil fried food. Hot food tastes may be okay, but after cooling, flavors are not that great (for health benefits, you have to sacrifice something).
3. Food burns rather quickly if you are not careful.
4. Food dries out.
5. Small appliance means low volume cooking. Not suitable for large families.
6. Potential carcinogens build up in air fryer’s food.
7. It is noisy due to a high-speed airflow fan.
8. You have to stir food at a regular interval.
9. Every part of the air fryer is not dishwasher safe. Some components you have to wash by hand.
10. Cooking time longer compared to conventional cooking or deep fryer.
11. Without a little bit of oil, food gets stuck.
12. Every cooking accessory does not come with an air fryer. You have to buy them separately.
13. There’s a little bit of learning curve before you can start using your newly purchased air fryer.
14. It’s fully electric. In the USA or Europe, it’s not a problem. But where power outages are frequent, it’s not the right choice for cooking.
Air fryers on Amazon, Walmart, or from other retailers are great. Almost all of them have a very high rating as a product perspective. However, all air fryer has some negative reviews. It summarises as follows.
1. The air fryer stopped working after a few days.
2. Food smells like burning plastic.