1. No Dealership Trouble:
You can buy a Tesla online at https://www.tesla.com/. There is no dealership hassle, no negotiation over the prices, or harassment by the finance department who tries to sell you a worthless extended warranty.
2. 7-Day Return Policy:
Only Tesla has a 7-day return policy [reference 1]. You can return your newly purchased Tesla for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first. For any other car you buy, the moment you leave the dealer’s lot instantly loses 10% of its original value [reference 18]. Forget about return policy.
3. Keyless Driving, Phone App:
No more car keys. Control everything from your phone. You can control the window, horn, trunk, frunk, and climate control system from your phone. Even you can track your vehicle by using your smartphone. The app also provides valet mode and car charge status [reference 2].
4. World’s Best Infotainment System:
Any vehicle other than Tesla, even if it’s a Bugatti, has a terrible infotainment system. But Tesla is different. Not only it has a giant super responsive display but also packed with mind-blowing features such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, YouTube, arcade games, caraoke (karaoke for cars), web browser, and google maps.
5. Swift Acceleration:
Teslas are crazy fast than any other equivalent vehicle [reference 3]. It is useful on-ramps, passing on the highways and in many different circumstances.
6. Safest Car in the World:
Tesla scored 5 stars safety rating from NHTSA, Euro NCAP, and Australia’s ANCAP. NHTSA’s test shows Tesla has the lowest probability of injury during an accident. Teslas are one of the safest vehicles in the world that money can buy [references 4, 5, 6].
7. Self-driving Technology:
Tesla is the only company in the world that ships every vehicle with all the required hardware for full self-driving. Tesla’s constant over the air software update improves self-driving features regularly. Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate, and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane. FSD (full self-driving) feature includes navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, auto park, and summon. Some new features are coming later this year, such as recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs, and automatic driving on city streets [reference 7].
8. Built-in Dashcam:
Tesla’s built-in cameras work as a dash camera that records all four sides of the vehicle. There’s no other production vehicle in the world that has this feature.
9. Sentry Mode:
Sentry Mode adds a unique layer of protection to Tesla vehicles by continuously monitoring its surrounding environment when it’s left unattended. When enabled, Sentry Mode enters a “Standby” state, like many home alarm systems that use the car’s external cameras to detect potential threats [reference 8].
10. Best Vehicle for Car Camping:
Teslas are best for car camping. If you stay at the campground and your campsite has an electric hookup, you can recharge your Tesla overnight for free. Moreover, you can comfortably sleep in your Tesla, keeping your vehicle’s interior climate-controlled. For a gas car, it’s impracticable.
11. Superior Battery Technology:
No other electric car maker has been able to provide the same or better range in their electric vehicle than Tesla. Previous data has shown that the Tesla batteries can easily last up to 500,000 miles and 25 years without significant battery degradation. We also know that Tesla is currently working to develop a battery that lasts a million miles. [references 9,10]
12. High Resale Value:
Teslas have a very high resale value compared to other luxury car brands. Not only that, other luxury car brands’ resale value is plunging due to Tesla [Reference 11].
13. Recharge Anywhere:
You can charge your Tesla at home. Plug your car and wake up in the morning with a fully charged battery. During a road trip, recharge at a supercharger, ElectrifyAmerica locations, Tesla destination charger, RV campground, or electric campsites. [references 12, 13, 14]
14. Unparalleled Features:
These are some unique features only Tesla vehicles have – Falcon wing door (ModelX), practical frunk, medical-grade HEPA filters (ModelS, ModelX) [reference 15], huge tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection (Model 3), high-resolution center console display.
15. Over The Air (OTA) Updates:
Tesla gets OTA update all the time, which improves the vehicle’s safety and other features throughout vehicle ownership.
16. Neat Design:
Teslas are the coolest looking production car right now with minimalistic interior design. People vandalize Tesla only because it makes them jealous of not having such a beautiful piece of tech [reference 16].
17. Low Maintenance:
No more engine oil, transmission oil, serpentine belt, or spark plug change. Tesla needs fewer brake jobs due to regenerative braking.
18. Million Miles Electric Motor:
Tesla motors and drive-trains are rated to last for a million miles [reference 17]. Electric motors are more reliable than gas engines. Even the internal combustion engine has a starter motor that starts the vehicle.
19. Low Operating Cost.
Depending on your model and configuration, the upfront buying cost of Tesla could be higher. However, in the long term, Tesla would save you money on gas and maintenance. On top of that, Teslas are notorious for holding its resale value.
20. Fully Electric:
Even if you don’t care about the environment and global warming, Tesla’s are the best electric vehicle on the market you can buy.
1. Tesla Return Policy: https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-return-policy
2. Tesla app: https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-app
3. Tesla destroys supercars in a drag race: https://mashable.com/2017/09/25/tesla-drag-race-supercars/
4. Lowest probability of injury: https://www.tesla.com/blog/model-3-lowest-probability-injury-any-vehicle-ever-tested-nhtsa
6. Australia’s ANCAP Tesla’s 5 start safety: https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/tesla-model-3-achieves-high-scores-in-active-and-passive-safety-along-with-audi-a6-8c07f2
7. Tesla Autopilot: https://www.tesla.com/autopilot
8. Tesla Sentry mode: https://www.tesla.com/blog/sentry-mode-guarding-your-tesla
9. Tesla Batteries last forever basically: https://teslanomics.co/tesla-batteries-last-forever-basically/
10. Million Mile Battery: https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-may-soon-have-a-battery-that-can-last-a-million-miles/
11. Teslas are wreaking havoc on the pre-owned luxury car market: https://www.capitalone.com/cars/learn/finding-the-right-car/the-tesla-effect-how-tesla-is-changing-the-used-car-game/1096
12. Tesla Supercharger: https://www.tesla.com/supercharger
13. Electrify America: https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger
14. Destination Charger: https://www.tesla.com/destination-charging
15. Bioweapon defense mode: https://electrek.co/2019/01/17/tesla-hepa-air-filtration-bioweapon-defense-mode-upgrade-older-model-s-x/
16. Sentry mode catches vehicle vandals: https://electrek.co/2019/10/14/tesla-sentry-mode-people-catches-vandals/
17. Million miles motor: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/16/tesla-model-3-motor-gearbox-survive-1-million-miles-of-testing/
18. Car Depreciation: https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/how-fast-does-my-new-car-lose-value-infographic.html