Airport: Try to travel to New York City (NYC) through JFK airport. Avoid Laguardia at all costs. This airport is a mess. Newark airport is in New Jersey and costs a lot to travel to NYC. When leaving NYC, leave early. Don’t miss your flight due to heavy traffic.
Sim card: If you are coming to the USA for the first time, buy Ultra Mobile or Lyca Mobile sim card from any phone shop. It’s cheap and effective.
Hotel: Hotels in Manhattan could be costly. If you have time, stay in Queens or Brooklyn. You will save a lot of money on hotel costs.
Subway: New york city has the best subway system in the whole USA. You can go almost anywhere, using trains and buses. If you are staying for a few days, buy a 7-day unlimited pass metro card.
Taxi: However, if you decide to take a taxi, your first choice should be Uber and Lyft, as Yellow cab only available in Manhattan. Remember, according to law, Yellow cab can’t refuse a rider. If any Yellow cab refuses you, note the yellow taxi plate number, call 311, and report the incident.
Souvenirs: Don’t buy souvenirs from times square. They are way expensive. You will get the same souvenirs in china town one-third of the price; however, if you are in a hurry, goto 8th avenue across times square. You will get a relatively reasonable price over there.
Fake bags: On the sidewalk some times, you will see people selling counterfeit handbags. Don’t buy it. If you want to buy one, negotiate the price.
Free Staten Island ferry: Take the free Staten Island ferry from the battery park, downtown manhattan and observe the Statue of Liberty.
Cheesecake: Don’t forget to try cheesecake in NYC. Not everyone makes good cheesecake, though. Cheesecake Factory makes the best cheesecake, in my opinion.
Broadway shows: Watch at least one broadway shows. This will blow your mind.
Halal food cart: I do not recommend it. There are only a few places which make good halal food. However, you may try halal guys halal food. They make good food.
- Times Square: Visit this tourist attraction at night. This area has a lot of fake monks. Don’t take anything from them or give them money. There are also lots of Disney characters. If you decide to take pictures with them, don’t forget to tip.
- Statue of Liberty
- The High Line
- Central Park
- One World Observatory
- 9/11 Memorial
- Flatiron Building
- Charging Bull (Wall Street)
- Crysler Building
- Botanical Garden, Bronx.
- Empire State Building
- Top of the Rock
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Meausimum.
- City Island, Bronx.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Brooklyn Bridge
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- The Museum of Modern Art.
- The Met Cloisters.
- Ellis Island.
- Bryant Park.
- Fifth Avenue (Christmas is the best time to walk around here).
- American Museum of Natural History.
- United Nations Headquarters.
- Washington Square Park.
- Bronx Zoo.
- Bronx Little Italy: Visit Arthur Ave, Bronx’s Little Italy. This is authentic and original Little Italy.